ARC Counselling Outpatient Services
Arc Counselling offers help for addictions and/or mental health issues.
Therapy is provided by masters-level therapists and is focused on trauma and mental health issues.
Our team of highly experienced, certified counsellors and therapists run programs during the week and on the weekends.
Will counselling help you?
Those who agree with the following statements but are not able to commit to residential treatment may benefit from outpatient treatment:
- You have frequent temptations to drink or use and have difficulty resisting the temptation.
- You have been unsuccessful in stopping use after trying multiple times.
- You have solid support from family, friends, work and social environment to stop using.
- Your behaviour has affected your relationships with family, friends and work.
ARC Counselling Programs
More Information on ARC Family Program Work Shops
The Family Program workshop helps the loved ones of addicts by educating family members about the disease of addiction and providing a new set of tools to cope.
The workshop consists of a series of topics that build on each other as the program progresses. Multiple delivery mediums are used and there is significant peer-to-peer engagement throughout the program duration. The topics include:
- Understanding the addictive illness
- Understanding addiction and recovery for both addicts and their loved ones
- Exploring family histories (genogram construction, Time-lines)
- Recognizing family dynamics/patterns (roles of family members)
- Identifying family expectations and needs
- Managing emotions and relaxation
- Exploring strategies for open/effective communication
- Examining grief and loss
- Learning about attachment and detachment
- Exploring enabling, codependency and denial
- Establishing new patterns of relating
- Exploring stages of recovery
- Applying recovery concepts (routine, sleep, nutrition, balance)
- Embracing 12 step education (relative to Families Anonymous, Al-Anon, Alcoholics Anonymous, Narcotics Anonymous philosophies)
- Finding meaning and spirituality in recovery
- Examining Adult Children of Alcoholics (ACOA) issues
Those who desire additional individual, group, couples or family counselling with ARC counsellors, therapists, or programs, may do so at an additional cost.